What are lines and wrinkles?
Wrinkles are creases and lines on the skin. These lines may appear around the eyes, mouth, cheeks, forehead, and even the neck. When these lines are wider and deeper, they are called furrows or folds. On the face, the earliest areas to forms wrinkles are around the eyes and mouth. Lines and wrinkles begin for form around the age of 30.
What causes lines and wrinkles?
There are two types of wrinkles, resting wrinkles and movement wrinkles.
Resting wrinkles result from:
- Intrinsic aging: Over time, loss of both quality and quantity of connective tissue components elastin and collagen produce resting wrinkles
- Sun exposure: frequent, prolonged, and repeated solar irradiation accelerate the natural changes to the connective tissue components, resulting in premature wrinkling and other skin changes such as skin growths and skin cancers.
- Smoking: Another frequent but completely preventable source of accelerated aging is tobacco smoking. Lines around the mouth can be a sign of this pollutant.
- Other factors: injuries from trauma, surgery, acne, and inflammation can also cause wrinkling.
- Skin dryness : Excessive dryness of the skin, from imbalance of water and lipid soluble contents in the natural skin barrer, can create the appearance of crakes on the skin, creating an illusion of fine lines and wrinkles.
Movement wrinkles result from:
- Facial movement: repeat movement, especially around the eyes, mouth, forehead causes increasing deep movement wrinkles. When movement wrinkles are prolonged, these wrinkles may even become apparent even at rest, exaggerating resting wrinkles.
Want to quickly and effectively smooth out those lines and wrinkles?
Consider the following treatment options.
Medically supervised skin products, when used over long term, are an easy, convenient, and effective option for early lines and wrinkles.
- Neuromodulators are quick ways to improve movement wrinkles.
Laser, especially resurfacing laser, is the gold standard for effacing lines and wrinkles.
Chemical peels, especially deep peels, are also very effective for effacing lines and wrinkles.
This novel treatment improves early lines and wrinkles without the downtime of resurfacing and deep peels.
This novel treatment improves folds, furrows, and shapes of the face by growing your own collagen volumetrically.
Photodynamic Collagen™ LipoLift Face
This novel treatment improves folds, furrows, and shapes of the face by growing your own collagen and fat volumetrically.
This very long lasting filler improve folds and furrows
Motorized microneedling, in combination with autologous stem cells and low level light, is a gentle way of improving fine lines and wrinkles.